I obtained a 2:2 degree can I still apply for a training contract? A 2:1 degree or higher is not an absolute requirement but it is preferred.
How long do training contracts last? Training contracts usually last two years
Will I join an office near where I live? With offices in Maidstone, Canterbury and Tenterden. Trainees are expected to be flexible with their locations throughout the duration of their contracts.
How will I be assessed during my training contract? Typically, each seat will be for the duration of 6 months. At the end of your seat you will have an appraisal meeting with your assigned supervisor.
How much support do I get?
- You will have a supervisor who will oversee your day to day work.
- You will have the support of your colleagues within the department
- Regular meetings with your Training Principal and Human Resources
- Regular appraisals
- Regular contact with fellow Trainees
How much will I earn? You will earn a competitive salary. In addition to the basic salary we offer an excellent benefits package this includes:
- Professional Skills Course
- Paid study leave
- Additional ad hoc training
- Salary sacrifice contributory pension
- Death in service benefit
- Private medical insurance (after 12 months)
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to a benefits website
- Subsidised social events
What will the assessment process be like? Our assessment days are planned as a two-way process, whereby you will get the opportunity to find out information about the company, meet several key people and to understand our culture, aims and long term goals. At the same time it will give us the opportunity to spend a day with you and to learn more about you.
Assessment days take place in groups (maximum of 10.) Activities will include; individual presentations, numeracy/in-tray exercises, group exercise and individual interviews