We have many years of knowledge and experience in providing advice on legal issues affecting elderly and vulnerable clients and their families. We are here to give peace of mind that there will be help at a time when you need it most.
The wide range of services we offer includes:
- Powers of Attorney and Advance Decisions
- Preparing and advising on Lasting Powers of Attorney for both financial and welfare decisions
- Registration of Lasting and Enduring Powers of Attorney
- Dealing with Attorney disputes
- Acting as Attorneys - dealing with the day to day administration of a client's property and affairs
- Advising Attorneys on their rights and responsibilities
- Preparing and advising on Advance Decisions
- For more information, please visit our Lasting Power of Attorney page.
Court of Protection
- Deputyship Applications
- Acting as Deputies - dealing with the day to day administration of a client's property and affairs
- Advising Deputies on their rights and responsibilities
- Applications to the Court of Protection where the Court needs to make decisions, including applications for gifts and statutory wills
- For more information, please visit our Court of Protection Deputyships page.
Advising on issues of legal authority for decision making, capacity and best interests
Wills and Trusts
- Preparing and advising on Wills incorporating Trusts providing for vulnerable and/or disabled dependants
- Preparing and advising on Lifetime Trusts providing for vulnerable and/or disabled dependants
- Acting as Trustees - dealing with the day to day administration of trusts
- Trusts can help protect eligibility for external support and benefits
- For more information, please visit our Wills and Succession Planning page.
- Advising on funding and paying for care including local authority funding and NHS Continuing Care
- Care Home Contract Reviews
- Advice on Gratuitous Care Payments
- We work closely with Raymond James Weald of Kent branch who can assist with preparing your finances for the future.
- For more information, please visit our Long Term Care page.
Why choose Whitehead Monckton?
Many of the team are members of the “Solicitors for the Elderly” organisation (‘SFE’). SFE is a national organisation of lawyers committed to providing and promoting high quality legal services for older people, their family and carers. SFE members must have proven experience and follow a Code of Practice, designed to ensure clear and straightforward advice is given and that the client’s interests are safeguarded at all times.
Our Managing Director, Stephen Beck, is an Approved Panel Deputy appointed by the Office of the Public Guardian evidencing his expertise in this highly specialised area of work. The Court of Protection chooses deputies from the Panel Deputy list when no one else is willing or able to act as a Deputy for someone who lacks mental capacity.
Dementia is one of many reasons why someone might become unable to make decisions about financial assets or physical wellbeing. Whitehead Monckton has been recognised as a ‘Working to Become Dementia Friendly’ organisation by Kent County Council. For more information please visit our Dementia Friends page.