Overview Can we help?

The CASE Team can offer specialist advice to charities on a whole range of property-related issues, both for charities currently owning property assets and looking to maximise them, and for those looking to purchase or sell property.  We also regularly get involved with dealing with property title for charities. 

A good example of this is where a village hall has old title documents, often in the name of individual trustees who may not even be alive and is looking to sell off a small section of land for access to a housing developer.  This is a potentially positive arrangement for the charity, but legal title must be correctly established and fit with the actual property before any transaction can take place. 

It’s also important to check that there are no restrictions to the sale of the land if the land is designated for a particular purpose and that it is in the best interests of the charity. This is a specialist area where we can help.

We have included the main areas we can advise upon:

  • Sale and purchase of freehold and leasehold property
  • Residential and commercial property advice
  • New leases and renewals and surrenders
  • Tenancy agreements
  • Easements and restrictive covenants
  • Adverse possession and neighbour disputes
  • Declarations of trust
  • Transfers of equity
  • Mortgages and loan agreements
  • Wayleave agreements

If your organisation is in need of advice on property-related matters, please contact Juliet Harris.


Can we help?