I obtained a 2:2 degree can I still apply to be a trainee?
A 2:1 degree or higher is not an absolute requirement but it is preferred. But we can consider your application, with any other significant achievements, or mitigating factors. Pease feel free to still apply if you feel you can demonstrate your suitability for the role.
How long does the training last?
Training contracts usually last two years if you are a traditional LPC graduate, if you are undertaking the SQE then we offer 2 years qualifying work experience.
Which office will I be based at?
With three offices in Maidstone, Canterbury and Tenterden, trainees are expected to be flexible with their locations throughout the duration of their contracts, as you may have different seats in different offices, depending on the needs of the departments.
Trainees do not normally spend any time at our Canary Wharf office, but this may be occasionally necessary.
How will I be assessed during my training?
Typically, each seat will be for the duration of 6 months. You will have a mid seat review to check your progress and ensure you have the opportunity to develop your role and address any issues there may be, and at the end of your seat a final appraisal with your assigned supervisor.
How much support do I get?
- You will have a supervisor in each department you work in who will oversee your day-to-day work.
- You will have the support of your colleagues within the department, both support and qualified staff
- Regular meetings with your Training Principal and Human Resources
- Mid seat and end of seat appraisals
- Regular contact with fellow Trainees across the firm
- A mentor is also assigned for each new trainee
How much will I earn?
You will earn a competitive salary. In addition to the basic salary, we offer an excellent benefits package this includes:
- 23 days holiday
- Birthday leave
- Professional Skills Course (if applicable)
- Paid study leave
- Additional ad hoc training
- Salary sacrifice contributory pension
- Death in service benefit
- Private medical insurance (after 12 months)
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Access to a benefits website (provides a variety of High Street discounts)
- Subsidised social events
- Discounted gym membership
- Enhanced sick pay