At Whitehead Monckton we have expertise in all aspects of property and planning litigation. We help developers, businesses and other organisations with properties they invest in, develop or simply occupy.
We “problem solve”, working closely with our specialists in other areas, including commercial property.
Going to Court should always be considered a matter of last resort, but we are able to act quickly where necessary by taking injunction proceedings. The team is experienced in handling litigation in all the specialist forums for property disputes. These include not only the High Court and the County Court, but also the Property Chamber (both First-tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal) and the Tribunal (Lands Chamber).
The areas our work covers includes the following:
- Restrictive covenants
- Disputes over easements
- Eviction of squatters and travellers
- Land contracts, disputes about conditional contracts, option agreement and overage disputes
- Adverse possession and trespass
- Boundary disputes
- Rights of way, rights to light and party walls
- Compulsory purchase
- Development agreement and joint venture disputes
- Determination of beneficial interests in land
- Applications to register land as town or village greens
- Judicial review of planning decisions
- Environmental law disputes