Even in the most vibrant economic times there will be businesses which experience financial problems, whether due to a failure to adapt to changing market conditions, a lack of working capital, customers or suppliers letting them down, or plain bad luck, to name just a few such reasons.
At Whitehead Monckton we are here to help on whichever side of the fence you fall, or wherever your interest lies.
We have extensive expertise in all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency. We advise insolvency practitioners, creditors, debtors, business stakeholders and others in relation to all debt and asset issues.
If you are an insolvency practitioner, our expertise includes the following areas:
- All litigation, including claims in relation to antecedent transactions
- Recovery options and debt recovery strategy
- Landlord and tenant issues
- Sales of assets, including businesses and properties
- Advice in relation to security documentation
For businesses, our areas of expertise include:
- Advice in relation to directors’ duties
- Debt and asset recovery including service of statutory demands, presentation of bankruptcy and winding up petitions
- Retention of title issues
- Exit planning
If, on the other hand, you are a creditor who holds security we can advise in relation to fixed charges and LPA receivership issues.
Insolvency is a broad area. The consequences of business failure can be very wide – not only the loss of the business itself but also the impact it has on the individuals involved, too. There are other related areas where we also have extensive experience.
- Defence of director disqualification claims
- Advice to landlords, tenants and guarantors affected by insolvency
We are happy to talk through with you any insolvency issue, from any angle. Just give us a call.
For expert insolvency legal advice, contact our Maidstone, Tenterden, Canterbury and Canary Wharf solicitors today.