You’ve found your new home and want to move in.
You have a buyer for your house and want to get the deal completed.
This is where we come in. Our job is to complete the legal formalities so you can move in or move on depending on whether you are buying or selling or both.
The key elements of the job we will do for you include:
- Ensuring the title to the property is clear, accurate and that it can be validly transferred to the purchaser
- Ensuring any previous alterations or extensions were completed lawfully thereby avoiding potential issues
- Undertaking a wide range of searches against the property so that you are aware of any plans or changes to the locality which may affect your enjoyment of the property or its potential value and therefore your decision to proceed.
- If the property is leasehold – reviewing the terms and duration of the lease and identifying any restrictions and potential liabilities.
- If borrowing – acting for your lender and complying with their requirements
- If selling – ensuring any outstanding loans and charges on the property are discharged
- Completing the necessary SDLT returns
- Storing the deeds to your property for safekeeping
You can now track the progress of your sale or purchase matters in real time with our Whitehead Monckton app, giving you convenient 24/7 access to your account and the ability to safely verify your identity and source of funds. Start by getting a quote below.