I completed a law degree (LLB) at the University of Kent followed by the Legal Practice Course at the University of Law (London, Bloomsbury).
I then trained and worked as a solicitor in London, before joining the firm in 2018.
My day to day practice in our busy dispute resolution team sees me tackling a broad range of civil disputes.
Property Dispute Resolution
I have a particular interest in property dispute resolution and my work in this area includes:
- Possession claims (residential and commercial)
- Lease extension work (residential and commercial)
- Rent arrears (including advice in relation to authorised guarantee agreements)
- Forfeiture of leases (e.g. for non payment of rent)
- Dilapidations advice (commercial leases)
- Advice relating to rights of way and other easements
- Restrictive covenant advice
- Boundary disputes and adverse possession claims
My work in this area sees me providing advice to a broad range of clients, including developers, universities, restaurants, hotels and pub chains, as well as to individuals.
I am also the firm’s leasehold enfranchisement specialist and I routinely advise clients in connection with residential lease extensions before the First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber). This work includes advice in respect of high value central London properties, as well as regional properties.
Commercial Dispute Resolution
I represent companies and individuals in connection with commercial disputes and my work in this area includes:
- Breach of contract claims
- Routine and high value debt collection
- Advice relating to contracts of insurance
- Professional negligence claims
- Construction disputes
What my clients say:
“We sincerely appreciate the work done by Sam Mulligan. He took on our case and became familiar with a very complicated claim. We would not hesitate to recommend Sam most highly and he is a credit to Whitehead Monckton.”
“Thank you so much for your assistance and excellent advice. We will certainly come back to you should we need your help again.”
“This is really good news so well done in getting this one through. This is a great result!”
“You certainly put the proverbial wind up them! Exceptional work, and I thank you very much for your help. I hope I don’t require your services again, but I will certainly be recommending you to my contacts.”
When out of the office:
In my spare time, I enjoy running, cycling and playing badminton.