Whitehead Monckton: Expert Education Lawyers
At Whitehead Monckton, our education law solicitors offer expert education legal advice across a wide range of issues at nursery, school, college. This includes complaints, admissions, exclusions, special education needs (SEN) and more.
Maybe you have an issue with admission to a particular school, how the school is dealing with incidents, or concerns about how the school is performing. Or perhaps your child has special education needs that aren’t being met, or you believe your child’s school is not performing their duties effectively.
At Whitehead Monckton, we know all parents want to give their children the best education they can, that’s why we are on hand to offer detailed advice on a range of education matters.
We can help with:
- Admissions - if you have an issue with your child getting into a school or nursery.
- Exclusions - if your child has been excluded from school and you wish to appeal.
- Secondary school place appeals - if you want to appeal a decision on a secondary school place, including issues with the Kent Test (11+).
- Complaints - If you believe the school has got something wrong and you feel you are not being listened to.
- Special Education Needs (SEN) - f there are issues around your child’s assessment, or if your child has SEN and their needs are not being met.
- Discrimination - If your child has been discriminated against at school.
- Bullying - if your child is being bullied at school and the school is not taking appropriate action.
- Negligence - if you believe the school or staff are neglecting their duties.
- School transport - if you have an issue with the school’s transport.
- Collective action - if you wish to take collective action against a school.
If you don’t see your issue listed above, don’t worry. Whitehead Monckton can help with a wide range of concerns relating to education law. Contact our team today to see if we can help with your issue.
A really important element of our role is to ensure clear communication between the parties and an understanding of the options available but also the constraints. We will help you enter into a respectful dialogue with the school, proceeding through the correct channels. We can guide parents through the various processes, or actually attend admission hearings and appeals. The extent of our involvement can be flexible to suit the family’s wishes and the different circumstances.
In some cases, we will give the advice you need to hear, rather than what you want to hear, all designed to achieve the best outcome for your family.
How We Can Help With Disputes
In order to help with your dispute we firstly need to build a clear picture of the issue and possible outcomes. We will prepare a timeline and cross reference to all the relevant documents to make your case clear and understandable.
We can then work out the best approach to take and inform you of the type of support we can provide in order to agree the extent of our involvement.
For example, your child may have passed the Kent Test but was unsuccessful in securing a place at your school of choice and you are considering an appeal. We can work with you to review your options, look at if an appeal is appropriate, prepare an appeal framework and represent you at the appeal if appropriate.
Each case is different and the extent of our involvement will be based on your wishes matched with the circumstances involved.
Some of the issues our team can help with include:
- Admission to a school or nursery.
- An appeal to be made after an exclusion from school.
- Secondary school place appeals including the Kent Test.
- Special educational needs (SEN) where these are not being recognised or met.
- We can also work with teachers and schools who are under regulatory investigations or may wish to challenge funding decisions.
Contact our education law solicitors today for more information on how we can help you with your issue.