With volatile stock markets and historically low interest, many are turning to the property market through Buy-To-Let investments to invest money for their long-term future. Here is a summary of the various issues you need to have in mind and how we can help you achieve your goals.
- Legals. We can handle all of the legal aspects of the transaction to ensure your rights are protected and you know all about your most valuable possession. Click here to find out about all our services.
- Make a Will. Your investment is going to be the most valuable asset you ever buy alongside your own home. It is essential therefore that you say what should happen to it to ensure your family and loved ones are protected. Click here to access our Will writing service.
- Power of Attorney. A Lasting Power of Attorney allows you to choose who should look after your finances and property if you lose your mental capacity to do so yourself. They are an essential protection for all homeowners. Click here to access our Lasting Power of Attorney writing services.
- Tax. Having an investment property will inevitably create tax issues. Income tax, Capital Gains tax, Stamp Duty Land Tax and Inheritance tax are all relevant in this area. Carefully planning around your long term goals is essential to avoid any nasty surprises. Click here for more information.
- Mortgage. Many property purchases require a specialist Buy-To-Let mortgage. We would suggest you use the services of a specialist mortgage broker to help you find the very best deals currently available. Click here to find one local to you.
- Credit check. As part of the financing assessment process your lender will carry out a series of credit checks. If you would like to review your personal credit score before you make your application for a mortgage click here.
- Life Insurance. If you are taking on a mortgage then you need to think about how the mortgage is going to be paid off if one of you dies. Life insurance is essential to give you this protection and is surprisingly cheap. Click here to speak to an adviser.
- Landlord Protection. There are many specialist landlord insurances available to both protect the building and loss of rent. Most of these can easily be accessed online using one of the usual search engines.